Sunday, March 21, 2010

*l.a.*

*Los Angeles*The City of Angels*The City of Assholes*Lalaland*Hell A*Southland*El Lay*El Pueblo*The Basin*City of Flowers and Sunshine*The Big Orange*Tinseltown*

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED IN MY 1/2 YEAR HERE:
  • LA is full of amazing people.
  • LA is full of crazy, I mean crrrazy people.
  • The weather is unbelievable.
  • The summer can be unbearable.
  • Everyone is in "the industry".
  • Most people who claim to be in "the industry" are full of shit.
  • Apparently in NY, "Fuck you" means "Have a nice day"
  • Apparently in LA, "Have a nice day" means "Fuck you".
  • People are cheerful!
  • People drive like blind, angry monkeys.
  • The sun makes for fun!
  • The smog makes for sinus infections.
But I'm happy here! And the creative energy is flowing! And I have plans and projects and ideas!

And I never expected this from LA.

But I was hoping...

So I'm staying.

For now.



2 comments:

  1. Creativity does flow here. Sometimes I think about all the cool shit that people are doing at that given moment in LA. To me it seems like we are all unknowingly feeding off one another's juices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss LA!!! Miss you too, Shakti! I'm so happy you're enjoying your experience. It is a magical place for some. xo

    ReplyDelete