Thursday, September 10, 2009

Employed, for now.

I got a job.
I'm really, 
really 
really
glad! 

Now I just have to work my butt off, pay a bunch of bills and save enough to sign up for an acting workshop!  I can't wait!  I'm going to be working hard to finance the life and opportunities I want to create for myself.  What could feel better than that?  Now all I have to do is scrape together the rest of my money to buy the right outfits for work.  This is when my creativity, resourcefulness and poorness combine!  They expect me to wear heels every day so I'm going to have to suffer for my choices but I think I can handle a little physical pain for awhile. 

Lessons learned:
  • Looking for a job is like looking for a role.
  • Interviews are like auditions.
  • Go for what you have experience in.
  • Be extremely competitive, dress sharp and show up early.
  • In LA, telling them you're an actor is like saying, "don't hire me, I'm flaky and a liar".
  • Be persistent!
And finally, I must remember impermanence.  I have a job today, who knows about tomorrow.  I feel grateful now and I'm going to try to keep working towards staying present.

No comments:

Post a Comment