Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Meditate and Destroy" - Noah Levine

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” -- Buddha

During this hectic transition in my life the fruits of my meditative labors are more apparent than ever.

In meditation I bring myself from the crazy world of my thoughts back to the present. Over and over and over and over...

Working through the details of my move and going about all the preparations I often find myself projecting into the future or becoming nostalgic about the past. It's easy to get caught up and forget that I am here, now. It's like one big meditation constantly coming back to the present and I'm so grateful that I can.

A friend said, "you have one hour to live, what do you do?"

After thinking about it for a moment I realized, meditate, get present, LIVE!

I spend a lot of time in my head and when I actually drop out of that and live life I realize what I'm missing.

A work in progress, perfection and imperfection, I'm all of it and I'm glad of it.

MEDITATE AND DESTROY!

No comments:

Post a Comment